Only Company Owner and Admins can add and manage users in TriNet Expense Management.
New users can be added to a company account during setup or at any point thereafter from the Manage Users page.
How to Add Individual Users
1. Go to Settings > Company Settings > Manager Users > Click on "+Add User"
2. Enter in the user information:
- Enter in a valid email address for the user.
- First and Last name of the user (Optional).
- Select approver for the user (Optional).
Please note the user's approver must already be a user in your Company in TriNet Expense Management, or else their email will not appear to select.
Please note your account may not have Time Module available or Activity User Type. This may be due to how your company is setup with TriNet, our corporate HR Services company.
3. Optional: Add a custom message to the Welcome to TriNet Expense email that is sent to the user you added.
4. Click the Add this Person button at the bottom.
By doing so the user will receive an email welcoming them to TriNet Expense Management, the email will include:
- TriNet Expense Management login credentials for user's account.
- Link to Helpful Topics on TriNet Expense Management.
If you would like to Import User in a batch import, please click here to learn more.
If you would like to change the User Type after adding the user click here.
How to Manage Users
Once users have been added, you can manage them from the Settings > Company Settings > Manage Users page.
To have a Full View of the Manage Users page, click on the Full View link. This will display additional fields like Next Approver and Departments.
The following fields are available to help manage users:
User name & email
Employee ID - Company assigned Employee ID
Approver (email) - Who the user submits their expense reports to for direct approval.
Next Approver – Only applicable if the user approves reports for other users. Who the expense reports are sent to next after the user has approved an expense report.
Department – Default department for the user. Is auto-filled for every expense the user creates.
Location - Default location for the user. Is auto-filled for every expense the user creates.
Approver Lock: Clicking the lock icon next to the user's approver will prevent the user from changing their approver.
- Company Owner – Only one account can hold this role per company. Individual who owns the TriNet Expense account, has complete access to Company Settings, Company Reports, etc. and has the same permissions as all other roles.
- Admin – Many accounts can hold this role, no limit. Full access to all company settings, users and report. Admins can change company settings like Users, Policies, Categories & more. In addition, Admins have visibility into all company reports & analytics.
- User - Standard user who can submit expense reports
- Bookkeeper - Internal or external bookkeeper / accountant who can has visibility into all company expense reports & analytics, but cannot change company settings.
Integrated Permissions (Only applicable if Company is integrated with Quickbooks, Intacct, or Netsuite.)
The permissions allow the specific users to access and export company data to the setup integration.
The company owner or admin can assign integration permissions to specific users. The permissions allow users to have access to the integration data (ie. clients and class) and also the ability to export reports to the integration