Goals are easily added and tracked by employees, managers or company administrators. They can be classified by globally set categories and broken down into smaller tasks. Goals can be managed by employees and managers by checking off the check box for the goal overall or each task/milestone.
Add a goal by clicking on the Add A Goal button located on the left hand side in the side bar.
Or, add a goal by clicking on the Set A New Goal within the Goals tab.
A "Add a Goal" pop-up window will appear. Within the "Add a Goal" pop-up window, you will write your goal.
1. Select who the goal is about - Start typing the employee(s) name, department name or the term "team" (to set goals for all your direct reports at once). Select the employee(s) name, department name or "team" from the drop down list.
2. Goal Name - Give the goal a name that will be visible to the individual it is meant for.
3. Details - Include @ symbol to associate other people with this note, and the # symbol or Hashtag to highlight a keyword or topic.
4. Due Date - Select the calendar to pick when the goal is due.
5. Milestones or Schedule a Recurring Milestone - you can speed up how you create a goal by incorporating either Milestones or Schedule a Recurring Milestone.
Building out milestones for an individual goal allows you to break down a goal by deliverables that tie to a specific date of your choosing.
Alternatively you can build out a goal with Schedule a Recurring Milestone, which are touch points that recur every month, 60 days, or quarter. By selecting Schedule a Recurring Milestone, Perform will automatically add as many as required within the time frame of the goal you’re creating.
6. Category - Select the category that the goal is tied too. There are four categories that come in a default company setup.*
7. Priority - Select the priority for the goal- this will have an impact on the overall score when comparing goals to each other.
For Example, a goal with a low priority will have a lower impact next to a goal with a high priority. This will be revealed in the final scores of the goals when goals are assessed a score of 1 to 5.
Once you add the goal, it will display in the My Goals Feed if you left the goal for yourself. If you left a goal for your direct report, it will display in the Team Feed. Admins will be able to see all goals within the Company Feed. Additionally, an email notification will be sent to the individual(s) alerting them that a goal was set for them. If an individual sets the goal, then the manager will be alerted that a goal was created and for them to either approve by leaving the goal, or editing or deleting the goal.
*Admins can add, delete or edit goal categories in the Admin > Settings > Goals section.
If you need assistance, please contact Customer Support: email@example.com or 800.638.0461.