As a TriNet client, you and your worksite employees are offered the convenience of using Single-Sign On (SSO) directly from your TriNet account to your TriNet Expense Management account.
When accessing TriNet Expense Management, you will be logged into the account matching the work email address that is setup in your TriNet account.
To access TriNet Expense Management, continue with the instructions below.
- Login to the TriNet
- Your TriNet account will automatically default to Employee View.
- Note: If you have administrative access to TriNet for your company, you may need to change your view to Employee in the upper left corner of your account.
- In the left menu bar, click Money then select Expenses
You will be redirected to your TriNet Expense Management account.
- Note: Once you have completed the SSO from the TriNet platform, your payroll integration is complete.
If you have any questions, log in to TriNet (login.TriNet.com) and click Contact TriNet. *
TriNet Expense has been an Intacct Ready Partner since 2009. Currently, there are two export methods available to TriNet Expense users when submitting expense reports to Intacct:
Method One: Users submit to Intacct Time & Expense as an unapproved report, leveraging the standard approval process within Intacct. (Reimbursable expenses only)
Method Two: Submit to Intacct as an approved expense report (directly recording to the Intacct Accounts Payable, Cash Management or/and Time & Expense based on reimbursable state of the expense within the report), utilizing TriNet Expense's built in approval and policy enforcement process. This process requires the final TriNet Expense approver to have administrative rights within Intacct.
Note - If your employees have non-reimbursable expenses (typically coming from a corporate credit card), then we suggest you utilize Method Two. Intacct's Time & Expense does not support non-reimbursable expenses.
See here for instructions to set up Intacct.
Either method is determined by the report status in TriNet Expense and if the proper Intacct credentials have been set up. If the report is in an unsubmitted state (unapproved) within TriNet Expense and sent to Intacct, it will leverage Method One. If the report is in an approved state within TriNet Expense, it will leverage Method Two. Both methods are premium features and require an expense license.
Using both methods, TriNet Expense supports importing all the customers and projects from Intacct and adding them to each expense entry. When the expenses are sent back to Intacct, each expense recorded will list the customer and project, including if the expense was billable. With this data, invoices can quickly be generated in Intacct.
Data Fields Supported:
* Users can select the Intacct Department, Location and Class at each expense line item in TriNet Expense. If the users do not select the Location, Department and Class fields, TriNet Expense will automatically use the default value in Intacct for the user's account. Additionally, non-reimbursable expenses sent to accounts payable as a Bill will show the employee submitting the expense report department and location.