Only Company Owner, Admin and Bookkeeper roles have permission to setup integration.
TriNet Expense's export into QuickBooks Online is a simple one-time set up that links accounts, vendors and employees information between TriNet Expense and Intacct As expense reports are created and approved in TriNet Expense, the integration allows a seamless synchronization, ensuring all of the most up-to-date expense information is saved and available in Intacct.
Here are the steps to set this up.
1. Go to Settings > Add-Ons > Accounting/ERP. Find Intacct and click the Install button.
2. Enter your User ID, Password, Employee ID and Company ID
(Employee ID can you found within your Intacct account by going to Company > Dimensions > Employees. It should show your Employee ID in the second column)
Additional feature considerations on setup
- Import Intacct Clients & Projects - Allow users to insert Intacct clients and projects at each expense line item
- Import Intacct Classes- Allows users to select at each expense line item
- Import Intacct Departments- Allows users to select at each expense line item
- Import Intacct Locations- Allows users to select at each expense line item
- Check the box "Submit Report Directly Without Policies Validation" to warn admin of policy violations before it gets submitted to Intacct (Recommend not to check this box)
- Mark the user's expense reports as Paid when exported
- Make Integration Visible to Company - Allows Intacct integration to be viewable by other admin users. Users can control the permission settings in Settings > Company Settings > Manage Users > Click on User's email to open user profile. See section "How to Share the Intacct Integration with other Admins/Users in TriNet Expense" below for more information.
- Allow All Users To View Integration Data (ie. Clients, Class) (Only available if Make Integration Visible to Company is enabled) - Allows users in company to see the Clients & Projects, Classes, Departments, etc. lists synced from Intacct and use the information in reports.
Please Note that Internal Departments set up in TriNet Expense are not associated with integrations. Users can track Internal Departments by going to Settings > Company Settings > Manage Users > Click on User's email to open user profile.
3. Choose single or multiple entities.
Use Single Entity = Direct login to one or main Intacct account.
Shared/Distributed Company = Multiple entities in Intacct. (Ex. US, UK, sister company etc.)
Sub Level Entity = Sub in the main entity in Intacct, location ID required within the main entity.
4. Click Save
5. Click Map Expense Categories
Here you will need to map your categories with your QuickBooks chart of accounts. The instructions to do this can be found here.
Want to integrate more than one Intacct account?
Admin users can install another company file by viewing Settings > Accounting/ERP and repeat steps 1-4 above. Only two Intacct integrations are allowed for one TriNet Expense account.
How to Share the Intacct Integration with other Admins/Users in TriNet Expense:
The Company Owner or Admin have the ability to make the integration visible to company. If the user selects the checkbox “Make Integration Visible to Company” then specified users will have the ability to view the integration settings and export expense reports into the integration. Admins can specify which users have the ability to share the integration in the Manage Users settings.
If the user decides to lock the integration, then the integration is no longer shared at the company level. The integration will only be available for personal visibility to the user who installed the integration.
Company Owner and Admin users can also view the integration permissions for each TriNet Expense user in Settings > Personal Settings > Reports. The report submission setup will be shown and the user can select “View permission settings.”
For further questions contact email@example.com.