You can import the NetSuite Customers and Projects, then have any user select them for each expense within TriNet Expense. To setup and use this feature, please do the following:
1. Your NetSuite account needs to be added to TriNet Expense and Project/Client importing enabled. See here to set up.
2. Make sure "Import NetSuite Clients - Projects" is activated (box is checked) in your settings (Settings > Personal Settings > Reports > NetSuite (Edit)
Also make sure you are importing the proper categories you have set up in NetSuite. Out of the box, NetSuite has Corporate and Individual. If you add customer categories, it would be considered "Other" in our settings.
3. Go to Settings > Company Settings > Clients & Projects
4. Make sure NetSuite is chosen in the drop-down and select the Sync Now button.
Once you see your NetSuite customers or projects, you may edit the status column to allow yourself (or company users) to select these for expense. Selecting the Hide option would not allow users to select this customer.
Please note: Inactive customers in NetSuite will not be imported
Now for each expense (Found either from Expense > Active or directly within an expense report), a user can select the NetSuite customer/project for their expenses.
There are two ways of find the NetSuite customer.
1) Auto-Suggest - Just type the customer name and TriNet Expense will auto-suggest matches.
If you see a Triangle icon next to the NetSuite customer/project, that is a warning there is no match. The company/user needs to synchronize their clients or enter in a different Client ID. When exported, if the match is not exact, the NetSuite Customer will not be sent.
Please note: NetSuite Projects show as the following format: "Customer: Project"
Also, exporting a NetSuite customer will automatically mark the expense as billable inside the NetSuite expense report.
TriNet Expense pulls from the CATEGORY field in NetSuite. Default Categories in NetSuite are Corporate or Individual. You can filter the category fields when connecting TriNet Expense to Netsuite.
If you are not seeing NetSuite projects, please confirm your NetSuite is configured with:
-Projects feature enabled
-Advanced Project feature enabled
-Allow Expenses on the Project record should be check. This can be found on the Project record> Info Tab> Allow Expenses checkbox.
-Limit Time Entry to Assignees field should NOT be checked.