TriNet Expense allows Xero users to export a CSV file into Accounts Purchases - Bills. Administrators can review the following information to integrate successfully with Xero.
1. Enable Custom CSV by viewing Settings > Add-Ons > Export. Install the Custom CSV Export.
2. Create a custom CSV in TriNet Expense by visiting Settings > Personal Settings > Reports. ClickSetup next to Custom CSV.
3. Click +New Custom CSV and select Expense Report in the upper right. Name the CSV file and enableExport Header Name in File.
4. Create your CSV template with the following columns. You must include the header column names for a successful export into Xero.
|Xero Fields||TriNet Expense Attribute|
|Contact Name||Vendor Name (Custom CSV Column)|
|Invoice #||Report ID|
|Invoice Date||Report Submitted Date or Blank Custom CSV Column (If user wants to leave blank)|
|Due Date||Blank Custom CSV Column (User will select this date in Xero)|
|Quantity||Blank Custom CSV Column (By leaving it blank the quantity will default to 1)|
|Account Code||GL Number|
|Tax Type||Blank Custom CSV or Hard-coded Tax Type Name (Ex. Tax Exempt)|
Administrators can export the expense reports once the custom CSV file has been saved. Please viewSettings > Company Settings to export the expense reports into a CSV file.
1. Select the expense reports that you will need to export.
2. Click Export Report.
3. Select the CSV file name and click Download CSV. You can also click the checkbox to mark all exported expense reports as paid.
4. Complete the download.
Import Process into Xero:
Visit the Xero website to upload your newly exported expense reports into Accounts > Purchases > Bills.
1. Click Accounts > Purchase.
2. Click Import.
You will need to select the CSV file downloaded from TriNet Expense to import. When the import is complete, you will need to select the bill under the draft section.