Customer Applicant Questionnaires can be used during the initial applicant screening process OR be sent individually once an applicant has applied to a job in the TriNet Applicant Tracking system (ATS).
Questions on an applicant questionnaire can be as detailed or open ended as you like, and they come in four types:
- Text Field - This gives the applicant one line to answer your question.
- Check Box - This gives a range of options for your candidate to answer. They can answer either none, just one or all of them.
- Yes / No - This gives the applicant the choice of answering either “Yes” or “No” to your question
- Paragraph - This gives the applicant a full paragraph of text to answer your question.
An Applicant Questionnaire must first be created in the Admin > Template & Forms > Applicant Questions section. You can create with one single question or with multiple questions to create a full questionnaire. You can make all the questions required by clicking the check box at the top of the section “Make all questions mandatory?”. Once created, they can be included in a job posting or sent to any applicant.
Navigate to Templates under the Admin section of the ATS dashboard.
Click on Applicant Questionnaire > + Create New Questionnaire
- Name the Questionnaire
- Choose if you'd like to make all the questions mandatory; click the checkbox if yes
- Add your questions (choose any combination of the question format types: Text Field, Check Box, Yes/No or Paragraph)
- Click the orange Submit button once done
To add a questionnaire or custom question(s) to a job posting once created, you'll navigate to the bottom of the job posting > look for Custom Questions > click the drop-down menu to choose from one of your existing templates* > then click Save.
*You'll be able to edit/customize further when adding an existing Questionnaire to your job posting, with the ability to remove questions from the Questionnaire template you pull in to include with your job post.
To send a questionnaire to a candidate directly, navigate to the Talent section of the Main menu. Locate the Applicant Questionnaire section (right side) and select the link Send this candidate a questionnaire.
Next choose the Questionnaire you wish to send (note - multiple questionnaires can be sent at once).
Select the Submit button to send the Questionnaire.
Once an applicant has filled out the Questionnaire, the answers can be viewed in the Talent > Dashboard > Applicant Questionnaire section. You can also resend the Questionnaire by selecting the Re-Send Questions button.