When you move an applicant's workflow status to one of the Hired statuses in the Hire/Applicant Tracking System (Hire/ATS), you have the option to export the new hire's information into the TriNet platform to automatically create a record.
Important Note: If the job is for an independent contractor, those individuals cannot be added to the TriNet platform.
Both of the following roles must be assigned before you can export the new hire’s information:
- Admin role holder in Hire/ATS; and
- HR Authorizer role holder in the TriNet platform.
To move an applicant's workflow status in Hire/ATS to one of the Hired statuses and export the new hire’s information to the TriNet platform:
- Access Hire/ATS on TriNet (login.TriNet.com). For navigation instructions on how to access Hire/ATS, refer to this knowledge article: Accessing the Hire/Applicant Tracking System.
- Verify the home address fields are completed for the candidate, must have a city and state entered at a minimum to successfully complete the New Hire Export. If the candidate will be remote, you can enter an * (asterisk) in the City field.
Select Talent on the left side under MAIN.
4. Select the appropriate Hired status from the Workflow Status drop-down list.
The New Hire Export screen displays.
Important Note: Independent contractors are not permitted to be added to the TriNet platform.
5. Enter the new hire's prospective start date and click Create New Record.
The New Hire Export will transfer the available data, but is limited to the following:
- Start date
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Home address
- Veteran status
- FLSA status (non-exempt or exempt)
- All users on the hiring team in Hire/ATS will receive a Your Candidate has been Hired notification.
- All worksite employees with the HR Authorizer role in the TriNet platform will receive an HR Passport Workflow Notification email to complete the process.
6. To view the new hire on your dashboard in the TriNet platform:
a. From the Admin/Manager View, under the Hiring section of your main dashboard page, look for New Hires and In Progress
b. Click View Unsubmitted or select the new hire’s name to open the record.
Reminder: If the job is for an independent contractor, you cannot export the candidate's information as a new hire into TriNet’s platform. From the Admin/Manager View, under the Hiring section of your main dashboard page, look for New Hires and In Progress.
7. Enter the additional required details for the new hire to create their new hire record, which will generate the Welcome Email on their actual start date.
If you need further assistance, send an email to the Cloud Product Support team at CloudProductSupportTeam@TriNet.com or contact TriNet by logging in to TriNet (login.TriNet.com) and clicking Contact TriNet.
Note: If you are unable to log in, select one of the following options: Forgot Password, Forgot ID, Unlock Account, Login Help.