There are two types of Delegate access in the TriNet Expense Management tool; Full Delegate access and Vacation Delegate access.
- Full access – This feature will allow a user to have access to the FULL functionality in the Expense application of another user if provided permission.
- Vacation access – This feature will re-route expense reports or timesheets to the individual selected as the vacation delegate to only review and approve expense reports or timesheets. The vacation delegate feature is helpful to be utilized for approvers while they are out on PTO, LOA, etc. Expense reports and timesheets will be re-routed to the vacation delegate immediately after the vacation delegate is selected in the system and will remain active until turned off.
You will only want to select vacation delegate once that user has begun leave as the reports will immediately be sent to the delegate for approval. However, both the vacation delegate and the original approver will still be alerted via email for any new expense reports or timesheets that are submitted.
The delegate access feature is inactive by default. If your company would like to turn on the delegate access feature in Expense Management, please access the Company Owner role and view the Company Settings page. You do not need to enable both delegate access features at the same time if it is not required for your company.
To turn on the Delegate Access feature (Company Owner only):
- Log into Expense Management as the user who has the company owner role.
- View Settings > Company Settings > User Permissions
- Select the checkbox for the Delegate Access feature in which you want to enable for your company. (Ex. Full Access Delegate, Vacation Delegate, or both).
4. Click Save to confirm and turn on the delegate access feature.
To learn more about the Delegate Access feature, including how to assign delegates, please click here.