The Shifts feature, located within the Scheduling screen, is where you can create shifts and assign them to employees.
- Click on the button to display the Shifts screen.
- You can drag and drop an existing shift onto the schedule for the desired employee.
Depending on the selected schedule view (Daily, Weekly, Monthly) they will each have a slightly different format when dropping a shift. For example, in the weekly view you can drop a shift on an employee’s name and it will apply the shift for the whole week. In the daily view, when dropping the shift on a specific day, it will apply only to that day.
Create a New Shift
To create a new shift, click on the button.
- Enter the name, description and abbreviation for the shift.
- Select a color for the shift. Note: This is extremely helpful in distinguishing the difference between the shifts when viewing all of them on the schedule at the same time.
- Enter a start time and end time.
- If this shift applies to a specific Organization and/or Project, select from the drop-down boxes. Leaving the Organization and Project blank, allows the shift to be applied to any employee. It will then assume the default shift of the employee.
- To set up a meal or break within a shift, click on the tab.
- Select meal or break in the drop-down.
- Enter the duration of the meal or break in minutes.
- Insert a start time and end time to create an “Allowable Window” for when the break or meal should occur.
- Click the to add the meal or break.
- The orange bar will indicate the duration of the actual break (in this case 15 minutes).
- You can click and drag the orange bar within the allowable window. As you move it, the start and end time will update automatically.
- Remember to click when you are done.
Delete a shift
To delete a shift, simply right click on the shift and delete.
When you right click on a shift you also have the option to edit or even copy a shift.
Trinet Time will always ask you to confirm when deleting a shift.
Schedules can be copied from the Daily View or Weekly View.
- When selecting the Copy Shifts button, the Copy Schedules screen will display.
- Enter a start date with the number of weeks and the system will automatically calculate the end date, or you can enter specific start and end dates.
- After providing the date range, select the days to copy, by either selecting the days or selecting the “All” checkbox. (This includes weekends).
- There is also an "overwrite” checkbox which will force the copied schedules to overwrite the existing schedules present in the date range that you have entered.