As a TriNet client, you and your worksite employees are offered the convenience of using Single-Sign On (SSO) directly from your TriNet account to your TriNet Expense Management account.
When accessing TriNet Expense Management, you will be logged into the account matching the work email address that is setup in your TriNet account.
To access TriNet Expense Management, continue with the instructions below.
- Login to the TriNet
- Your TriNet account will automatically default to Employee View.
- Note: If you have administrative access to TriNet for your company, you may need to change your view to Employee in the upper left corner of your account.
- In the left menu bar, click Money then select Expenses
You will be redirected to your TriNet Expense Management account.
- Note: Once you have completed the SSO from the TriNet platform, your payroll integration is complete.
If you have any questions, log in to TriNet (login.TriNet.com) and click Contact TriNet.
Clients and Projects in Intacct
TriNet Expense supports importing all the customers and projects from Intacct and adding them to each expense entry. When the expenses are sent back to Intacct, each expense recorded will list the customer and project, including if the expense was billable.
To setup and use this feature, please do the following:
1. Your Intacct account needs to be added to TriNet Expense. See here to set up.
2. Go to Settings > Company Settings > Clients & Projects
3. Make sure Intacct is chosen in the drop-down and select the Sync Now button.
Once you see your Intacct customers & jobs, you may edit the status column to allow yourself (or company users) to select these for expense. Selecting the Hide option would not allow users to select this customer or job.
When showing the clients/projects in the Status field, this will result in a company level change.
When selecting to hide/show the project/clients on the Mobile app, this will result as a change
on the individual level not company level.
Now for each expense (Found either from Expense > Active or directly within an expense report), a user can select the Intacct customer or project for their expenses.
There are two ways to add the Intacct customer and project.
1) Auto-Suggest - Just type the customer's name and TriNet Expense will auto-suggest matches.
2) Manual Dropdown- Select the dropdown arrow and you will see the list of clients shown to select from.
If you see a Triangle icon next to the Intacct customer or job, that is a warning there is no match. The company/user needs to synchronize their clients or enter in a different customer or job. When exported, if the match is not exact, the Intacct customer or job will not be sent.
Note on projects: An employee must be listed as a resource in the Intacct Project in order to submit an expense report to Intacct. If they are not listed, an error will be displayed at export stating they are not a valid resource to the project. Also, TriNet Expense will only sync ACTIVE projects. Inactive projects will not be sent over.
Note on Billable expenses: If your employees are selecting billable for reimbursable expenses, an item must be assigned to the expense type. From Intacct, go to Time & Expense, Records > Expense Types, click edit and add the item to the expense type.