The NetSuite integration has the ability to integrate up to two company files with one TriNet Expense company account. This feature allows for the management of multiple NetSuite accounting integrations within a company.
Setup NetSuite Integration
Only the following TriNet Expense roles can setup a NetSuite Integration: Owner, Admin, or Bookkeeper. To read more about roles click here.
- Go to Settings > Add-Ons > Accounting/ERP. Locate NetSuite on this page and click the green Install button.
- Enter your Email, Password and Account ID. Minimum information needed to integrate.
Account ID can be found by going into the NetSuite account and selecting Support tab > visit Suite Answers Button > Contact Phone support button > then it's displayed in a new window) . If phone support is not an option, you can also contact customer service via the support link in NetSuite.
(See the additional feature considerations on setup below before clicking Save.)
- Click Save
- Click Map Expense Categories
Here you will need to map your TriNet Expense categories with your NetSuite Expense Categories and General Ledger categories. The instructions to do this can be found here.
Additional feature considerations on setup:
- Integration Name (optional) identifies the company file that is synced. This name is only displayed within TriNet Expense, it does not change the name of your account within NetSuite. Helpful for users with multiple integrations to distinguish.
- Submit Reports Without Policy Violations (recommended to keep checked)
- Import NetSuite Clients - Projects - Checked box will import the customers and projects setup in NetSuite to Settings > Company Settings > Clients / Projects.
If this is enabled, you can filter what NetSuite customer and projects to import.
Import NetSuite Classes, Departments, or Locations - Checked box will import the classes, departments, locations setup in NetSuite to Settings > Company Settings > Classes / Departments / Locations
Departments and Locations imported from NetSuite cannot be setup as default for users in TriNet Expense.
- Mark expense report paid when exported - Checked box will mark a report as paid by "Other" automatically when a report is exported to NetSuite. This indicates that when the report is exported to NetSuite, the company will be reimbursing the report soon after the report is is NetSuite.
- Make Integration Visible to Company - Checked box allows NetSuite integration to be viewable by other admin users within TriNet Expense.
- Allow All Users To View Integration Data (ie. Clients, Class) - Checked box allows the NetSuite data imported (customer, project, location, department, class) to be visible to users when they are filling out their expense reports. Ex. users can select a customer from the NetSuite integration within TriNet Expense to add to their expense report. When their report is submitted to NetSuite then the customer will be linked to the report within Netsuite.
- Default Sending of Reports -
- Multi-Entry Based On Reimbursable State when you have corporate card data that you want to export to NetSuite as a BILL.
- Submit All Expenses To Employee Center when you want all expense (reimbursable and non-reimbursable) recorded in Employee Center
All settings for integration can be modified after the initial setup by going to Settings > Personal Settings > Reports > NetSuite > Edit "pencil" icon.
Want to setup second NetSuite company file?
Follow same setup instructions as above.
For further assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.