Please note: We do not recommend this method for integrating with TriNet anymore. Please see this help topic on our recommended method to integrate with HR Passport - Payroll Integration With HR Passport
TriNet administrators can now utilize the CSV output for payroll purposes. This feature is a premium feature and requires an TriNet Expense license to do so. The TriNet CSV contains three fields:
- Employee ID
- Payroll ID (Hardcoded for TriNet's expense payroll ID)
- Reimbursable amount owed to the TriNet Expense user
The Employee ID will need to be entered in Settings > Company Settings > Manage Users prior to exporting the .CSV successfully. Once the CSV has been exported, the users can upload the CSV into HRPassport for the employee's reimbursable expenses to be included in the company's payroll.
Every expense report has the ability to be downloaded through the TriNet Payroll CSV. If a report contains only non-reimbursable expenses, then the report amount will be shown as $0. If the report contains non-reimbursable and reimbursable expenses then the report will only display thereimbursable amount.
To get started with the TriNet Payroll CSV:
1) Go to the Add-Ons page to find TriNet Payroll Services CSV.
2) Select Install.
3) Provide password to complete installation.
Please note - A password is required to get started. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a password for the TriNet Payroll CSV.
To output the CSV, do the following:
1. Go to the Report > Company page
2. Choose the expense reports you want to include in the CSV file by checking the row for each expense report.
3. Select the EXPORT REPORT link (shown below), then choose the TriNet Summary CSV.
4. Choose if you want to mark the expense reports as paid (note - this can be done at a later date if you wish).
Tip: Non-Reimbursable expenses will not be calculated in the TriNet CSV. Only Reimbursable expenses will be outputted in the file.