TriNet Payroll Installation for TriNet Clients (Company Owner / Administrators / Bookkeepers Only):
TriNet Expense allows TriNet companies to integrate payroll for employee reimbursement. The following instructions provide information on the TriNet Payroll integration.
Install Payroll in TriNet Expense for your Company
1. Sign into TriNet Passport and click the TriNet Expense link. You will need to access TriNet Expense from TriNet Passport to complete the TriNet payroll integration installation.
2. The Company Owner / Administrator / Bookkeeper has the ability to install Payroll as an Add-On once in their TriNet Expense account. To install click on the Settings tab in the top menu bar, then go to Add-Ons > Reimburse in the left menu bar to install the TriNet Payroll integration. Click on the "Install" button for TriNet Payroll.
3. Once TriNet Payroll Installed the Company Owner / Admin / Bookkeeper will be prompted to decide what data to include in the export.
Report and detailed expense data (recommended) = report details such as payroll code will be exported with report
Report data only = only basic information will be exported with report
(Note: We recommend selecting Report and detailed expense data, then click Save.)
4. The Company Owner / Admin / Bookkeeper will be redirected to the Categories page.
Each category will need to be assigned a payroll code prior to exporting the expense report into TriNet Payroll. The company administrators can assign the payroll codes by viewing Settings > Company Settings > Categories > Click on the field under Payroll Code.
REIMBURSE = reimbursable non-taxable code, most often used by companies with TriNet Expense
5. The Company Owner / Admin / Bookkeeper will need to enable the feature Allow Users to Setup Their Own Integration by going to Settings > Company Settings > Company Settings and check the box for "Allow Users to Setup Their Own Integration" then Save. This feature will allow users to activate the payroll integration for their individual account. This step is mandatory or your users will not be able to activate payroll.
5. The add-on is now ready to be used. The remaining users within the company will need to “Activate” TriNet Payroll.
In order to to submit expense reports to Payroll, each employee who will be reimbursed via TriNet Payroll must activate TriNet Payroll within their own accounts. Admins/Owners are not able to activate for them.
Please have all employees for the directions at the link below:
For further assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.