Wells Fargo has provided a new method of connecting to their financial institution by using OAuth (Open Standard for Authentication) to simplify access for your financial accounts.
1. What is Wells Fargo OAuth Connection?
Wells Fargo OAuth Connection allows you to have a more reliable connection and fewer sync errors. The direct connection to Wells Fargo uses a tokenized access to authenticate with your financial accounts.
2. How do I migrate my account to the Wells Fargo OAuth Connection?
1. Log in to TriNet (login.trinet.com) and navigate to Expense Management, or visit login directly via Expense Management.
2. You will see a notice on the Overview page in the Report Activity section explaining this request from Wells Fargo.
3. Navigate to the Accounts page and click the Update button on your Wells Fargo account.
4. When prompted, click Fix Issues and then Fix Accounts to begin the new Wells Fargo authentication process.
5. A new window will display. Enter your Wells Fargo credentials to authenticate your account.
6. You will need to click the button to authorize and allow permission for TriNet to access the Wells Fargo account. Once completed, the Wells Fargo account should sync again successfully.
Your previous Wells Fargo account may still be visible on the Accounts page. You can remove the previous Wells Fargo account by clicking Delete account as the account will be inactive.
3. Why is Wells Fargo making this change?
Wells Fargo has provided this new connection to improve greater stability, reduce connection errors, and an enhanced secure method of connecting to your financial account.
4. How do I disconnect my connection?
To disconnect the connection, you can log into Expense Management to remove the account. If you would like to revoke access completely, then you will need to log into the financial institution website and remove permission for our application.
5. I am having trouble with my account. How do I contact Support?
If you experience any issues authenticating your account, contact the TriNet Solutions Center:
- Chat: Log in to TriNet (login.TriNet.com) and click Contact TriNet > Live Chat, available 24/7*
- Phone: Call 800.638.0461, Monday through Friday 6 a.m.-Midnight ET (3 a.m.-9 p.m. PT)*
- Email: Connect360@TriNet.com
*TriNet is closed on select U.S. holidays.