Who can submit reports to Payroll?
Company Owner, Company Admin or Company Bookkeeper must have the TriNet Payroll integration activated in TriNet Expense Managment and Full Payroll Entry role in TriNet Passport.
(Note: Payroll Codes must be setup in TriNet Expense Management before exporting reports to Payroll.)
How to Export Report to TriNet Payroll
1. In TriNet Expense Management, go to Reports > Company.
2. Check the box next to the report(s) you want to export to Payroll. Click Submit to Payroll.
Only reports that have been Approved and Not Yet Paid can be sent to Payroll.
(Tip: Sort your Company Reports page by only viewing the “Approved and Unpaid Reports” to select reports to send to Payroll)
3. Check the top of your page for a yellow notification that says "Payroll batch export reports running" and click on the blue Refresh button until the process has completed. You should receive a Completed (Result: Success. Message: "Successfully!") message. This means all reports selected have successfully exported to Payroll.
Potential errors you may receive when submitting reports to Payroll:
- No Payroll Configuration found for this User
- Invalid/Inactive Earn Code
- TriNet Security Error
- Report Failed to Export
- Invalid/Terminated Employee
4. Login to TriNet Passport (https://login.trinet.com). Switch to Admin View, and go to Payroll > Enter Payroll.
5. This will bring up the Payroll Dashboard which is used to access the payroll sheet.
Click on the blue active Paygroup. The pay group box shows the name of the pay group and populates below the timeline.
6. Click grey Load Expense to display the exported expense reports for reimbursement.
The Load Expense tab/link will only display if expense reports have been submitted from TriNet Expense Managment to TriNet Payroll.
The load expenses page will display all expense reports that have been exported into TriNet Payroll from TriNet Expense Management.
Administrators can select the “+” symbol to view all expenses for the employee.
7. Check the box next to the employees that need to be reimbursed. Click on the Select button.
8. Once the desired employees have been selected, click on the Load to Paysheet button.
The expense reports that have been loaded to the paysheet will have a status of “Moved.” The amount for “Total Moved” will change depending on which reports you loaded to the paysheet. The “Total New” amount will display the dollar amount of the reports that have NOT been moved to the paysheet.
The expenses will then be loaded to the Payroll grid.
9. - Click Save on the Payroll grid to save the expense reports to the sheet.
(Note: To remove expenses for an employee reselect the load expense button and go to the “selected” tab, select the expenses that needs to be removed and select “remove” then “load to Paysheet”)
For further assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org