The Time Off Requests feature within TriNet Time allows employees to request time off from work. You can access Time Off Requests by going to the Employee tab and clicking Time Off Requests.
The Available Accruals dashboard will display indicating the number of hours accrued, hours planned, hours taken and the remaining number of hours left for time off.
Time Off can be accrued based on the following methods:
- Per Hour Worked - Employees accrue time off based on every hour worked.
- Per Pay Period - Employees accrue time off based on every pay period.
- Per Year - Employees accrue time off on an annual basis.
Your company can set up various accruals in the Admin section of Time.
- Click the button to create a Time Off request.
- Select the type of time off from the drop-down list. The options available in the Type drop-down list are initially set up in the Admin > System Info > Accruals section.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date of your requested time off.
- Enter the Start Time and End Time of your requested time off. The number of hours will automatically populate.
- Click to add another time off request.
- Click to submit the request for approval.
- Time off requests for terminated employees, can only be made for a valid pay period on or before the termination date.
Submitted requests pending approval, will display in the Pending Requests screen.
Approved, rejected or re-instated requests will display in the Time Off Request History screen. Only time off requests that have been previously rejected may be re-instated.
There are two options for approving a request:
Clicking will quickly approve the submitted request.
Clicking allows you to review the request and provide any notes that are necessary, such as why you may be rejecting the request.